Friday 2 September 2016

Philosophy - John Wilson


I found this book in a tiny little bookshop in Somerset and thought i'd give it a whirl. I have been reading it on and off over summer and it has totally baffled my brain. I found it really hard to understand as whatever the book was saying just kept going round in circles, but as I read and re-read parts of it things started to make sense. It talks about themes of morality, fairness, art and society but not in a way that makes its content specific to the topics of my interest. So, the book itself has no direct connection to my essay but I feel like the way of thinking that it teaches you could be relevant when analysing other texts. It analyses every detail and possibility and from this process, you reach a conclusion (or non-conclusion) which is often far from your initial thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment