Friday 3 April 2015

Drawing is Thinking Sketchbook Task

I found this task really challenging to get going with - I didn't understand what I was trying to achieve with this sketchbook so i just started drawing to see what would happen. At first, I found myself just drawing people and other relevant things but as the task progressed, I think I got more meaning across in my drawings.


This drawing shows how most creative practitioners now show their work online rather than showing physical pieces, in a portfolio for example. 


Drawings of digital files looking sad because they feel like they're not worth anything - this was conveying the question of whether digital artwork will ever have as much value as a physical artefact. 


This was inspired by Pawl Kuczunski's illustration I had been analysing as part of my essay. This resembles the digital age strangling and restricting creativity. 


I started drawing these little comic strips about receiving feedback. I think they get the message across in a blunt and humorous way. 


I was looking at how to make the home environment appear lonely and isolated in comparison to where people are working together, in a city for example. I experimented a lot with this idea, mainly with gouache, wax and pencil crayons. 


These drawings are about how our computers can sometimes be our main form of communicating with others. 


Thinking about loneliness and isolation, I thought about the term 'hermit' and started drawing hermit crabs but making them look like they has a creative profession. 



These drawings are about networking and making connections with others. This is when I was exploring what people can do to make sure they don't start to feel isolated when freelancing from home.  

These drawings have got things clearer in my head about my next steps. They have informed my plans for my Pecha Kucha and I will be using some of these images in my presentation. I particularly like the 'creative hermit' idea and I think this has a lot of potential. I also like the idea of having a guide to avoiding isolation as an idea for my visual diagram. 


No comments:

Post a Comment