Tuesday 5 May 2015

Making of Visual Diagram

Placing of images
I scanned in all of my images and arranged them using Pages on my Macbook so I could get an idea of layout before using Photoshop in the studio. I will need to re-scan all of my drawings at a higher resolution because they are drawn quite small but I don't want them to be blurry when they're blown up to A2 size. 

Plan for arranging text 
Obviously this is just a vague idea of how I will fit the text around my images, I need to finalise what I am actually going to write and I will adjust this layout according to how big the chunks of text are. 

Final visual diagram

I used the brusho samples I produced for the the background textures and then I played around with the hue and saturation to get the complimentary blue and orange. Arranging the text was challenging because everything was at a jaunty angle to fit it inside the constraints of the shell shape. I think it helps make it look more chaotic and stressful which goes with the idea of how working alone can make you more agitated and less relaxed. 

Evaluation of Visual Diagram

I think the main strength of this visual diagram is the metaphor of the hermit which runs through the whole thing. It makes the images really relevant to the topic and makes everything feel like it is working together to make this point. I like the textures I have used - this is the first time I have used brusho in a final piece of work and I wasn't sure how it would work out on such a large scale but I think it is effecting in making the overall aesthetic of the diagram a but more sensitive. 

There is a lot of text on this poster and I think I could have done a better job at arranging this in a more easily readable way. I didn't put much consideration into the order I wanted things to be read in and I think this has shown in the overall business of the page. I think I could have also considered use of language better and spent more time on perfecting the wording of the text. 

 I also think the subheadings could have been stronger so they stand out more and grab your attention as key points. I have been confused throughout the whole making process of this diagram as to what actually classes as a diagram. I am still not sure whether this does or not but I think it is effective in making the point I want to make and maybe that's all there is to it. I thought it may have made my information more connected if I had added branches from certain points with hard facts and statistics but then again, this may have detracted from the humour of the diagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment