Wednesday 20 April 2016

Humans of New York Research

Humans of New York began as a photography project, the aim was to make a catalogue of people and place them on a map of New York. The project evolved into a catalogue of stories alongside photographs and they are shared on a very popular online blog. I have chosen to write about this project because I can see similarities between this and my proposed publication. I want to show the people visually but also explain what they are about, where they are from and their thoughts on identity. I think the book will follow a similar format to this, each page consisting of an image and some writing. 




This blog has over eight million followers so I know its not just me who is interested in reading about people's lives. I find people's stories really interesting. I think this is why I am finding this idea for my publication more inspiring than my previous ideas. I have lived in England all my life and as far as I can trace my family back, we have all been based in England. I think it is because of this that I find it really interesting to learn about other cultures and how other people's family history influences how they live their lives today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment