Thursday 3 November 2016

Practical Review

Remember...
  • Document thought processes ALWAYS. 
  • Find contextual references for practical work, this aspect of the module needs to be research driven too. Use visual research as well as academic research. 
  • Update statement of intent if my project changes or develops. 
  • Continually evaluate progress.
Feedback

My Response to Feedback

I am really grateful for this feedback, it clearly acknowledges that what I am doing makes sense and it makes good suggestions for how to improve and progress. Finding evidence of irresponsible imagery is a good idea, it will help me to gain a better understanding of what already exists and whether it is being acknowledged as irresponsible or not. 

I agree that I need to evaluate my progress more than I am at the moment. I am going to try and be more evaluative in my blogposts but to ensure that I am reflecting on my progress I will complete a weekly evaluation from this week onwards, starting with the self evaluation sheet. I think this will be helpful for me to stay on track and gauge whether I am producing enough work and whether it is heading in the right direction. 

I do need to make some clear decisions about whether I want my work to be satirical, serious, subtle... what tone of voice am I aiming for? This will inform my image making. 

For next peer review....
  • Specific proposal - what am I going to do? How can I show it is appropriate?
  • Typed proposal with revised and complete brief. 
  • NO HOLES. 
Prepare 4 x A3 Printouts
  • 1. Summarise key research for practical work. 
  • 2. Contextual references, practitioner research. 
  • 3. Practical and conceptual development of ideas, key phases. 
  • 4. Visually clearly define products and proposals (outcomes). 
  • Bring sketchbooks and make sure blog is up to date.  
  • Have I identified appropriate context and content for my practical?
  • Document what is relevant and what isn't.
  • Generate ideas in response to brief, be critical of my own work, what works and what doesn't. 
  • Primary and secondary research - decide how to move forward. 
  • This peer review will be about what this is actually going to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment