Monday 5 December 2016

Dementia Sketchbook Work



I think the idea of connecting the issue of an ageing population and dementia to the current vintage trend is a good clear way of commodifying a social issue. The outcomes will be on trend and therefore have a strong appeal to the audience but they will also have the underlying concept based on a social issue. Connecting this to a trend disguises the social issue to some extent which starts to make the product range controversial - this is what I want from this. I want this to make people think about what is a good intention and what is a marketing ploy. Where is the line?

Using drawing to get across the idea of the social issue is really suiting me. If I continue with this it will be an investigation and problem solving though drawing - this is something I feel I have been lacking in so far with my sketchbook so far. I really feel like I could get my teeth into this and I feel this idea is more promising than the animal testing concept. Playing around with the idea of an object breaking down or looking visually confused is something I can see developing through continued sketchbook work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment